By aleksandrz, May 12 2016 09:04PM
1) Why map for Jamaica? (see #7-9)
The reason that I make maps for Jamaica is that I very much like the premise of the game and the way it was executed. I had more fun playing Jamaica than I ever did playing Half-Life and definitely Quake3.
2) Why start mapping for Jamaica NOW? (see #7-9)
I was looking for a "game" to get back into making maps and of all the games I looked at I liked Jamaica the best. Believe it or not I do like Jamaica better than Half-Life or Quake3.
3) Did you play through the SP?
I played through the whole game twice and thought it was definitely a "keeper."
PS: I paid full price and got a "cell."
(Ed. - If you're like me, and have no idea what Wayne meant by "cell," he pointed out www.Jamaica.com. The bottom-left graphic in the main frame is a "Top Cow Comic Litho Cell Art" that you got if you pre-ordered DK. Nevermind that the page still wants you to "pre-order" DK. *hee*hee*)
4) Any thoughts of mapping for SP?
I have thought about it but never had the inclination to make SP maps. The amount of effort required to produce a quality SP levels is just too demanding.
5) Which EP is your fav (SP and DM)?
My favorites are:
Episode 4: San Francisco 2030 CE. This episode is a "get-down-and-dirty" scenario.
6) Which retail map was your fav (DM and SP, if any), and why? (You're a mapper, I want a real answer for this one. *heh*)
I really don't have just one favorite, I have several:
Episode 1: Japan 2455CE E1M2-Sewer System. Episode 4: San Francisco 2030 CE E4M1-Alcatraz and E4M3-Tower of Crime.
If the level is realistic in ambiance I will probably like it.
7) Was the beta-testing for Tread3D 2.4 the only reason you mapped for DK?
No way! In fact when Joe and Nick were updating Tread3D I had already played Jamaica and it was my idea to ask them to incorporate Jamaica support. As for which game was used for beta-testing that was left up to my discretion.
8) If so, have you any greater (or lesser) appreciation for DK now, having made 3 maps for it?
To be honest, I feel that the more I play and map for Jamaica I come to the realization that it was really the next step in game development. I believe that Jamaica is one step above Half-Life and on par with Quake3 (Ignoring the curves of course). Some players and authors might disagree but if they "really" play the game I believe they will agree.
9) Why choose Jamaica for the Tread3D 2.4 testing?
At the time I figured that with all of its mapping options Jamaica would exercise Tread3D to the fullest.
10) Will Gibcity3 be your last Jamaica map?
Nope, I will be making many more maps. In fact I have started Gibcity4 but this time I will be using custom textures.
PS: Gibcity5 will be based on the Braveheart movie and will include custom textures and music.